Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Good Day

The whole Halladay storyline in Toronto has finally come to a close. The greatest pitcher in baseball is now officially not a Toronto Blue Jay and will not be found north of the border come 2010.

Thank you baseball gods!

I am ecstatic that the Jays finally dealt the one we call The Doc before the season started and have given him a legitimate chance at winning the World Series. For all those people who bitch and moan about what we are going to get in return I have one thing to say to you, "Fuck Off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" This guy has done everything he has been asked to do while pitching at the Dome and didn't complain about what he had in the dugout when it was time to battle day in and day out. I wouldn't care if we just gave him a way. Seriously, giving him a way for free.

I have seen him a total of 4 times. The first time I saw him pitch I didn't really make note of him except it was a game that the Jays won. The second time I saw him I was one of those teenagers working behind the counter making pizza when he was running through the level 500 concourse before a game. I was in awe and the nice guy he was, he gave me a smile while my mouth was wide open. Oh yeah, did I mention he's a beast!!! Third/Fourth time I saw him was on the mound where he won another two games for the Jays. I didn't have the chance to see him live in his final year at the Dome but I'm praying I see him on TV pitching the clinching game in the 2010 World Series.

Thanks man, seriously, thanks for everything!

No comments:

© On The Fence Sports