Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Again...Japan Takes It


Another WBC and another "World Title" for Japan. I basically watched every pitch of the game even after my rant about the WBC and how it sucks and it isn't worth my time. Note: I only watched because I was at work and I had nothing else to do...oh yeah, everyone else was watching it too. Another note: I am temporarily working in Japan.

The WBC doesn't do it for me and it comes down to the fact it that it isn't the greatest players competing against each at the highest levels. Why did the USA lose, well maybe because most to all of the players just started their seasonal workouts (Japanese players start in early January). If the guys from America want to take this seriously they would have started training in January or even December. This isn't an excuse for the Americans losing nor should it be. I don't know what the training for other countries consisted of but when you have players coming together and competing at a "World" championship, the players should be at mid-season form.

I'm going to wrap this post up because I didn't want to spend more than 2 mins typing.

Team Japan, I hope you enjoyed your "World Title".

No comments:

© On The Fence Sports