Monday, April 13, 2009

The Chosen One



Watch CBS Videos Online


The part about him hiring his friends and surrounding himself with his old buddies reminds me of the show Entourage. This guy really does have it all and it fascinates me. His ability on the court and his endeavours off the court are ones that are simply out of reach to 99.9% of the people on this earth. Watching the highlights night after night, I wonder if I'm living and watching the greatest basketball player to ever play the game. Will he bring Jordan down, it is inevitable that Jordan's crown is taken away.

One thing I love about sports is there will always be someone out there, might take 3-5 decades, that will come and shatter every record and every imaginable thought about what the greatest player is made of. LeBron is frickin 24 years old and look at where he is right now. Pro athletes seem to peak at around 27 and maintain their greatness for 3-4 years after. It makes me sick to think about where LeBron is headed in the near future. Is he going to be walking around his hometown with championship throphy after championship trophy.

As I was a little too young to truly appreciate the Jordan days when he was playing for the Bulls. I still remember Jordan "pushing" off on Bryan Russell and leaving his arm in the air after the ball went through the mesh but it isn't the same as what I am experiencing now with LeBron. For all who love the game of basketball or sports in general, make sure to soak as much LeBron as possible. You really never know if someone like this will reach the NBA in your life time.

No comments:

© On The Fence Sports