Wednesday, November 11, 2009

C is for Cut


When the Red Sox found a way to get Victor Martinez into their lineup I felt a little something for the guy who wears the C in the locker room. Now that the Red Sox have officially exercised the option on Martinez, Jason Varitek (guy who wears the C) is now left out in the dark to fend for himself.

Let me say a few things about this C on his jersey. It is one of the stupidest and ugliest things I have ever seen in sports. Baseball does not and should not have this C sewed to jersey of any baseball player because it is not a part of the sport. Leave the C for hockey. Every time I see the C on his jersey I'm disgusted and kind of happy he hits like a little leaguer.

Anyways, back to the original topic. Now that Martinez is here Varitek is the guy who is left looking in from the outside. We all know that this decision was one of the easiest decisions Theo Epstein has ever had to make as the GM of the Red Sox. One hand we have a guy who actually hits the ball and on the other we have a guy who swings and finds a way to make the all-star team with a .200avg. Hmmmm...tough decision.

Guess if he didn't have the C on his chest this wouldn't even be worth mentioning but that C on his chest just irks me. This post has nothing valuable to add to anything except for the fact it gave me a chance to vent a little.

Hope you enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this post a great deal. Varitek is a tool and that "C" on his jersey is just moronic.

As for where I've been. I've been insanely busy trying to finish grad school. I'll be done in 6 more weeks, then i'll get back to posting regularly.

On The Fence Sports said...

Nice to hear from you again. Only 6 more weeks until a brighter future!

Good luck man!

© On The Fence Sports